We thought it would be useful to remind you of how we are managing the situation and make you aware of any updates as the Covid numbers in our area remain higher than the national average.
Continuing arrangements from November 2021
- Staff continue to wear PPE (aprons, gloves, masks).
- 98% of staff have received both vaccinations.
- Students are met from their transport in the mornings and taken to vehicles at the end of the day.
- Staff carry out LFD testing at home twice a week.
- Staff or students experiencing Covid symptoms are expected to follow government guidance, stay home and arrange a PCR test.
- We will not require any students to wear face coverings.
- Visitors, including parents, professionals, transport providers asked to wear masks whilst on site unless they have an exemption.
- Visitors, including parents and carers, on site will continue to be asked to carry out LFD testing prior to coming on site.
- Visitors are expected to show evidence of a negative LFT taken on the day of their visit
- Annual reviews and other meetings with Local Authorities take place via ‘Teams’ where possible.
- Remote Learning Policy in place for students not attending on site.
- From November 11th any visitors to St Martin’s bungalows will be expected to have been double vaccinated for Covid 19 unless they have an exemption. (parents are currently exempt)
- If someone in your household has tested positive with a PCR test then we would expect you to keep your child at home until they have received a negative PCR test
- If you are contacted by Track and Trace to say that you or your child are a close contact, we would expect your child to stay at home until they have received a negative PCR test
- If your child is away from school/college for any reason please contact the main office and not class mobiles
- As we are already in the winter cold season, we would like to remind you that if your child is unwell, they should remain at home so that we are able to protect the whole school and college community
- Students are continuing to make vists off site only to outdoor venues
If at any time a group or class becomes short staffed we will continue to work collaboratively with you to agree an approach that is in your child’s best interest.
Thank you for your ongoing support
Sheila, Helen, Jo and Jean
(updates in bold)