In light of the new lockdown that we wanted to reassure you that we are continuing to take every precaution we can to keep your children safe.
Some of our staff have been advised to shield which may have an impact on some of the residential respite that we are able to offer over the next 4 weeks. We will aim to let you know as soon as we can if this is likely to affect you.
If our staffing ratios in school and college fall below a safe level we may have to implement a reduced attendance however we will try hard to prevent this.
Here is a reminder of what we have already put in place
- Hydrotherapy pool – We will not be using the pool for this half-term
- Off-site trips –there will be no outdoor or indoor visits.
- Visitors to St Rose’s – We will continue to keep this to an absolute minimum and all visitors will be required to wear face masks.
- Annual reviews – we will be continuing to hold these via Microsoft Teams or Zoom for at least the next half-term.
- PPE – our staff will continue to wear face masks if they are supporting our students.
- Sensory Room – We will review this on an individual basis of need when it is required for therapy
- Bubbles – We will continue with our current system as this has been effective. St Martin’s College, St Rose’s school and Nursery are all separate bubbles with the exception that some staff work across the bubbles. We are keeping class groups separate in both school and college, with designated bathrooms and separate mealtime arrangements.
- Pick up and drop off – this will remain the same as this half-term with staff collecting students from vehicles and taking them to their vehicles at the end of the day.
- Remote education – our remote education policy is available to read on the website and is based on Government guidance. We will implement this where necessary.
Sheila, Jean, Jo and Helen
Tel: 01453 763793 Ext. 201
St. Rose’s, Stratford Lawn, Stroud,
Gloucestershire GL5 4AP